Marmite and Brogues

Friday 8 November 2013

WINTER WARMERS: HAND AND NAIL CARE

I’m not sure whether anyone in the England area has noticed, but it’s freaking freezing outside! I’m talking coat, scarf and even fluffy pom pom hat weather. The nights have drawn in and, most days, it’s now completely dark by 5pm. So today I thought I’d draw up a little list of lifesavers for the not so tropical climates. Starting with hand creams and nail treatments, as it only takes a light breeze and my hands are ruined. These are the current products I am using and loving right now, which includes REN’s Moroccan Rose Otto (which is actually body cream, but I prefer it for my hands), Hand Food (obviously), Per Una’s Exquisite (which is exactly how it smells) and my favourite body & hand lotion, Vanilla Dee-lite from Lush, which I have been using for about 2 years now. As for nails, I have tried quite a variety of nail oils, dips and strong creams to cure my cuticles when they split, but nothing has been quite as able to repair them as Burt’s Bees lemon cuticle rub. It smells a lot like lemon cheesecake and I 100% think they should make a lip balm that’s exactly the same because it would be so delicious. What separates this from the others I’ve tried is that you can just pop it in your handbag and use it on the go, meaning no nail varnish style pots to spill everywhere!

Lastly, I want to share the magic of Marks & Spencers’ hand and nail cream bottles. They’re 50mls of pure hand luxury for when you’re out and about. Again, I just shove one of these in my handbag and I’m good to go for the day. They only hydrate my hands for a few hours, but the texture is thick, they come in a variety of wonderful smells and they’re small enough to take anywhere! But I haven’t even mentioned the best part yet – they’re only £1 and always on 3 for 2!

No comments :

Post a Comment