Marmite and Brogues

Saturday 5 October 2013

TARTAN ON A CLOUDY DAY

Nail varnish: Maxfactor in Cappuccino
Jumper: Topshop
Skirt: Daisy Street
Heels: H&M

Yet another week rolls by and there's me thinking we're well on the way to colder weather, or at least an excuse to wear the amazing jumpers and coats I've accumulated. Sadly not. In fact, I woke up at 4.30 this morning to find the temperature gauge at 15 degrees Celsius! Madness! Anyway, I am completely loving the tartan trend at the moment, but I’m not really into the traditional red, so I went for this simple green midi tartan skirt from Daisy Street whom I absolutely adore. Ive also noticed Primark have been very much on top of their game this season when it comes to trends. Ive seen lots of tartan and lots of textured colour block tops, but unfortunately higher price tags too – I guess we can’t have it all! I paired my skirt with these black shoe boots that I went bananas over for so long that I had to cave and get them. They look so plain, but close up they’re a mix of different materials, cut in different heights and brought together nicely with a silver inside zip, perfect for those comfy heel days.

No comments :

Post a Comment